Damage Claims

If you are seeking compensation from the Ottawa County Road Commission for bodily injury or property damage, please complete the Loss Form and return it (with any attachments) via email to info@ottawacorc.com, or mail, to our office located at 14110 Lakeshore Drive, Grand Haven, MI 49417.  Your completed Loss Form will then be forwarded to our claims administrator.

Losses reported to the Ottawa County Road Commission are evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the Claims Staff at Michigan County Road Commission Self-Insurance Pool (MCRCSIP) and are adjudicated according to Michigan law. The Ottawa County Road Commission has no independent authority to settle or compensate alleged losses.

If your claim for damages arises from an alleged defect in a road under the jurisdiction of the Ottawa County Road Commission you must comply with all provisions of the attached statute, MCL 691.1404.  Failure to fully comply with all provisions of the statute will result in the denial of your claim.

Download Claim Form

MDOT Damage Claims

If your vehicle sustained damage on a state highway in Ottawa County (I-96, I-196, US-31, M-104, M-121, M-231, etc.) please visit the MDOT website for instructions on filing a claim.