Seasonal Weight and Speed Restrictions will be LIFTED on Wednesday, April 6 at 6 a.m. by the following agencies:
- Ottawa County Road Commission (OCRC)
- Barry County Road Commission
- Ionia County Road Department
- Kalamazoo County Road Commission
- Kent County Road Commission
- Montcalm County Road Commission
- Oceana County Road Commission
- City of Kentwood
- City of Walker
Seasonal weight and speed restrictions are enforced to protect the integrity of the road when frost is coming out of the ground. These restrictions are lifted when agencies determine that non-all-season roads can once again support commercial traffic with heavier loads.
Those with truck-related questions may contact the Michigan Center for Truck Safety at 1-800-MTA- 4MTA (1-800-682-4682).
The Ottawa County Road Commission has implemented a 24-hour-a-day recorded answering system for the public to use to check the status of the seasonal weight restrictions. To access this message system please call (616) 842-0086 or 1-800-394-0290.
More information regarding OCRC’s weight restriction trucking enforcement is available on ottawacorc.com.